Become 1-of-6 FAA sanctioned UAS Test sites leveraging a Midwest – International consortium of cities, states, airports, industry and academia to collaborate and fund UAS R & D, Testing and integration into the National Airspace System by 2015.
- Create and sustain THOUSANDS of new high-tech aerospace jobs in Michigan and more $50 Million in economic impact by 2014.
- Cooperate & collaborate with federal, state, academic, industrial and community leaders to ensure safe and reliable testing and integration.
- Leverage membership fees, grants and charitable programs to fund UAS research, administration, consultants, grant writers, action planning, operations, etc.
- Host stakeholder meetings to establish expectations, action plans, milestones, and business planning workshops
- Produce/distribute UAS whitepapers regarding technology, applications, and regulatory requirements
- Unify communications/collaboration with members
- Integrate Michigan’s test range capabilities with standard processes for safe/efficient UAS operations
- Promote Michigan as user friendly and cooperative state for UAS operations
- Engage regional and international partners to bolster our proposal.
- Pursue FAA award as a Midwest UAS Test Range for UAS integration
- Facilitate UAS exhibitions and conferences to invite users and innovators to Michigan
- Sustain research, development and technology evolution through membership
- Largest Military Operating Area / Restricted Airspace East of the Mississippi
- Large Fresh Bodies of Water / Shoreline
- Proximity to Automotive/Defense design and manufacturing base
- Homeland Security and Border Patrol needs
- Proximity to Ohio and Indiana Aerospace Assets
- Search and Rescue needs over Great Lakes
- Proximity to top 2% R & D Institutions
- 1/4 of all US exports to Canada in Detroit
- Need to augment Border Patrol Enforcement
- Partnership with Canada
- Proximity to I-75/I-94 and Canadian Border/Airport